*Article written for SPICE TV
As we jump into festival season and continue celebrating ‘Flower Power’ here on the site, one trend taking our attention for Spring/Summer’15 is opulent hair accessories – especially all the petalled versions that were in bloom on the designer runways.
Models walking for the likes of Dolce & Gabbana, Bora Aksu, Valentino, Marchesa and more were spied with something beautiful growing about their tresses, providing us plenty of inspiration to do the same;
And it’s not just models who’ve championed the trend, with top stars also heaping flowers into their hair;
Get the Look
Want to put some ‘Flower Power’ to your own look this season? Why not try Beyonce’s cool, Coachella flower crown, which she wore with loosely-curled hair (as evidenced in the star’s “Feeling Myself” music video with Nicki Minaj – more on that here).
To truly nail the look, simply follow these steps;
1. First detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb, before parting hair in the centre.
2. Next, twist hair around a curling iron, from midway down the length of your locks.
3. When the lengths are curled, roughly back comb the roots of your hair for volume.
4. Use your fingers to pull apart and loosen your curls, to add a messy, lived-in texture.
5. Add a salt spray to hold the style and leave a matt, beach-wave texture.
6. Lastly, add your flower crown. For a similar flavour, we at SPICE recommend you try Crowns By Christy, which come in fresh and faux flowers or any from Crystal Birch’s fun “Pom Pom” collection, detailed here.
Et voila – you’re hair’s in bloom and on-trend. Show us your flower masterpieces online @SPICETVAFRICA.
Image source: Zimbio.com, Cosmopolitan.com, Loveitluxe.com, Harpersbazaar.co.uk, Rickey.org, Indiquehair.com, Riverisland.com, Spree.co.za, Professionaljeweller.com